Best of twitter … Kati Hartwig @KatiHartwig · Aug 7 …My seat mate on my flight is a 6 year old little girl who started our trip with “I’m going to talk to you randomly so you need to be prepared, ok?”
Detours R Us
Took the kayaks for a short trip … across Kansas … and for the second time … they flew off the vehicle. Rain last time. Wind this time. Husband loaded one inside the vehicle with the two dogs and hightailed it home – then to (store) for supplies.
Walked the other boat down the road. Ditched it behind some tall grass then hiked to a shady spot to wait for our ride. I bookmarked the shade trees as we stood regrouping alongside the highway. Mom and I claimed a lovely space, quiet, just off the road and parked under a tree.
Locals said they were sorry to hear about our inconvenience but, after all, it was a very human predicament. Said it was nice to have some company and to know we were welcome to visit any time.
To sum up – On a hot, sunny, windy day – dragging the boat from the roadside – we managed to find a nearby spot to conceal the kayak and remain within sight of it – a short distance away while staying in the shade.
Water bottles and phones in hand. Cell service available. Serene setting.
Boats relatively unscathed. Dogs entertained. No one hurt. No sunburn. Home before sundown.
The view – Ah, Kansas. New York Times, 9.9.79 Archives.
This and that
- Mars Experiment. NASA is looking for four crew members who will live and work for a year in a 3D-printed, 1,700-square-foot module called Mars Dune Alpha, based at NASA’s Johnson Space Center. NPR.
- Hobbits? Homo floresiensis. Ancient human relative looks familiar. Discover.
- This is not a drill – ‘code red for humanity’ – UN Climate Change. Reuters.
- Prescient: April 14, 2010: “Paul Hellyer suggests that we have about ten years to wean ourselves from the oil economy and profoundly regrets that the Copenhagen Conference reflected little progress in that direction.” Light at the End of the Tunnel: A Survival Plan for the Human Species. Amazon. [Died: August 8, 2021]
- Paul Hellyer on UFOs and Aliens. 1.5.14. CNET.
- UFO – a case of Healing. Unknown Boundaries.
- Phantom Eden revealed. Glen Canyon. New Yorker.
- Cosmic Meditation. “Drones are the key to connecting you to different veins of existence and to the fundamental physics of the universe.” Discover Sonic Bathing with Mickey Hart. Forbes.
- Related: Parapsychologist Stanley Krippner and Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart discuss dream telepathy research, Medicine Man Rolling Thunder and drumming. Mickey Hart, Rolling Thunder. Link.
- Good news: Bees are winning the battle against parasites. Bad news. Pesticides are not helping. BBC.
Soooo. About that inheritance …
The Daily Grail – gold nugget – Promoting David Metcalfe’s appearance on Dreamland with Whitely Strieber: “David is the kid of guy whose understanding of esoteric and paranormal subjects is so extensive, you can ask him a question about some obscure case or rare book and in less than 5 minutes he’ll provide you with at least half a dozen links referring to the subject –sometimes it feels like going to a fire hydrant for a glass of water!” Listen.
While you are there, check out the interview with Melinda Leslie on why her UFO sightseeing tours in Sedona are so successful. Listen. Booked solid when I was there a couple of years ago.
Book a tour: “Your guide, Melinda Leslie, shares her expert knowledge on all things UFO and about our local vortexes. Melinda is happy to share some of her own ET contact experiences too if you wish.” Link.
Preview the upcoming Experiencer Documentary. Melinda shared a Link.
ABC News Primetime did a special on Experiencers in 2009. “I was probably about 5 years old or so … and a bright blue light would come in to the room and the door would open, and there would be like, a foggy kind of misty blue light, just shining through the whole house,” Audrey said. “And these two figures would come in. There would be a tall one, they had black capes, but they were bald and had big eyes.” Link.
ETs are Here. Making Contact conference. August 18-22, 2021.
Today’s email from White Crow Books: The World of Ted Serios: “Thoughtographic” Studies of an Extraordinary Mind Jule Eisenbud, M.D. Back in print: Ted Serios, a Chicago hotel elevator operator who claimed he could mentally produce images on unused Polaroid film.
Reminds me of the story about spirit contact via Polaroid film. Fascinating. Featured on Snap Judgement. NPR. I remember the activity stopped when the film was discontinued. However, there may be more to that.
In 2012. The Ghostwriter House. Opened for tours. Archive Link.
As it turns out, my timing is perfect. The newest website (2021) features a book with additional ghost stories. Ghostwriter: The Polaroid Ghost & Other True Tales of the Paranormal by Joe Augustyn. Link.
[UPDATE: Confirmed interview with John Huckert will post in Wendy’s Coffeehouse archives in September 2021. Follow them on Facebook.]
*Check out some of the other excellent shows featured on SnapJudgement.org.
Enough spooky. Restoring Balance. Choir chants “The OM Mantra” – YouTube.