“Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter .. On the outside, babies, you’ve got 100 years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.” – Kurt Vonnegut, November 11, 1922 – April 11, 2007, Vonnegut Library
Early Morning Anomaly
4.13.22 – Today, when the alarm went off, as I opened my eyes to look at the clock, I saw something/someone sitting on the bed. For a brief instant, it was there, a dark shape that could have been the size of a person but it happened so fast I only know the being blocked my view of the clock, and then it was gone. Or I lost the window that had been open in that brief dimension shift moment between sleeping and waking.
Bob the cat has been acting differently, running into the room wide-eyed as if he has seen something we can’t see. I suspect a connection to whatever turned the stove off. So – this being is hanging around. Curious.
Other recent oddities of note. The smell is acetone. There is a high-pitched sound that mimics the coffee pot turning off at the end of the brewing cycle. And the coffee pot will also turn off rather than complete the cycle. A wood piece dropped off the shelf as I stood next to it – even though I didn’t touch it.
Adding the earlier events at the lake, there seems to be a pattern. Given the activity, one might label it a poltergeist. I think there is more to it than that. Sometimes – the only way to get our attention is to create a bit of chaos. The guides say I need to listen. I may or may not get an answer but – I’m listening.
- Face Yoga. And science says it works. Link.
- Construction begins on world’s largest wildlife overpass. Link.
- Julian Lennon. “I had always said, that the only time I would ever consider singing ‘IMAGINE’ would be if it was the ‘End of the World’… But also because his lyrics reflect our collective desire for peace worldwide. Because within this song, we’re transported to a space, where love and togetherness become our reality, if but for a moment in time…” Link. – Julian Lennon YouTube.
- The Dooiney Oie, also known as the ‘Night Man‘, is a nocturnal and benign creature who dwells on the Isle of Man. Encounters with the Good People. YouTube
- Mind Games – selected lyrics – John Lennon. Link.
We’re playing those mind games together
Pushing the barrier, planting seed
Playing the mind guerilla
Chanting the mantra, “peace on Earth”
We all been playing those mind games forever
Some kind of Druid dude, lifting the veil
Doing the mind guerilla
Some call it magic, the search for the grail
Love is the answer
And you know that, for sure
Love is the flower
You gotta let it,
you gotta let it grow.
Sample: So keep on playing those mind games together
Doing the ritual, dance in the sun
Millions of mind guerillas
Putting their soul power to the karmic wheel
Keep on playing those mind games forever
Raising the spirit of peace and love
- The folk-lore of the Isle of Man – National Library of Scotland. Pdf Link. 216 pages.
- What are thin places? Lifting the veil. YouTube.
- Communicate with Nature Spirits and Elementals, Ted Andrews. Amazon. ‘Faeries are real, and you can learn to commune with a whole world of unseen beings, including elves, devas, and nature spirits. With an open mind and a little patience, you can begin to recognize their presence all around you.“
Take a minute to consider. “The War on Ukraine is an unimaginable tragedy… As a human, and as an artist, I felt compelled to respond in the most significant way I could.” – Julian Lennon
“The song reflects the light at the end of the tunnel, that we are all hoping for…” – Julian Lennon
On the nightstand: The Ending of Time, David Bohm and J. Krishnamurti. Amazon. This is a fantastic read. Two brilliant minds engaged and surfing ideas. Hope that Humans are a work in progress – evolving – beyond the current self-destructive actions/tendencies/habits/speed bumps. Description: “There is an insistence that mankind can change fundamentally; but this requires going from one’s narrow and particular interests toward the general, and ultimately moving still deeper into that purity of compassion, love and intelligence that originates beyond thought, time, or even emptiness.“
This is my new favorite.